Monday, April 19, 2010

Meet My Peeps: Grrfeisty

Hey everyone!

It's MONDAY! You know what that means... time to meet a new peep! :) Today I'm happy to have Roxy from Grrfeisty on the blog today. I'll let her take it away...




1) How & when did you get started? What made you choose your particular craft?

I officially started crafting on Etsy in March of 2009. But as a child I really enjoyed making greeting cards out of cut paper and comics. In high school I started expanding into painting, sculpting with polymer clay, decorating/creating trinket boxes, and “scrapbooking.” I always joke about how I have “undiagnosed A.D.D.!” :)

In late high school/early college I began sewing. I really liked making pillows with letters on them [usually the person’s name]. In writing this out for you I’ve discovered that my most favorite crafts involve cutting – which reminds me of a time in middle school when myself and a few other students were helping a teacher cut letters out. One of my classmates told me I was especially talented with the scissors. I guess it stuck!

I chose to specialize in felt crafts because I saw a really cute hair clip for $10, so I decided to make my own clips in styles I like. :)

2) Where do you find your inspiration? What's your creative process?

I come up with ideas at random. I keep a journal with me at all times and jot down my ideas and make plenty of lists. :) Usually while I’m driving in my car or right before I go to bed they just hit me!

I free hand everything because I don’t like patterns. Free handing my items allows me to get even more creative and makes for “one of a kind” pieces – which I’ve discovered a lot of people like! :)

My process involves shutting myself in my sewing room with Netflix.com open, and just going at it. I check my journal for ideas I can complete and cross off the list :)



3) What are your top 5 fave blogs/sites?

1 – Blogger: I have recently become obsessed with Blogger and blogs in general! I’ve always been an online diary kind of girl [opendiary, livejournal, .mac, and now blogger].

2 – Twitter/Twitpic

3 – Facebook: I like keeping in touch with my friends and family this way.

4 – Etsy

5 – Netflix: anytime I am creating anything I have an instant Movie playing on Netflix.com

4) Where can we find more of you?(website,blogs,shop etc)

I have a web page that contains all of my links: http://web.me.com/roxy.rodriguez

But if you just want my blog: http://grrfeisty.blogspot.com

Or my Etsy shop: http://grrfeisty.etsy.com

5) Tell us something exciting that is coming up in your shop or blog...

I am having my first giveaway this Easter weekend! :D I am also going to try and make more videos…I used to make silly videos at least once a month [see: youtube.com/grrfeisty].

6) Fill in your favorite...

Drink: coffee! Specifically cafĂ© on leche [Cuban family – yay!] :)

Food: pizza pizza. And morning star breakfast sausage - YUM

Color: olive green

Accessory: owl necklaces :)

Current Trend/Obsession: I’ve been obsessed with photography for years! It seems to have become quite trendy. haha

7) And lastly, what's in your bag right now?

haha I have tons of purses in my purse! Look! [SO MUCH STUFFff]



Thank you Roxy! Make sure you guys check out her blog and head to her shop for some dino-awesomeness! Have a great Monday! See you tomorrow for Turquoise Tuesday!

xo,
Meaghan @ Urban Farm Designs

2 comments: