So. My new, rather, my old love. The 1940's. In my opinion, my favorite style decade. I love the tailored, feminine look of the clothes they wore. The Victory Rolls, the stockings (or cleverly drawn on stockings), the red lips and full skirts. I love it all.



I loved the styles in the movie The Edge of Love, partly because I have a soft spot for knee highs, Wellies, dresses and cardigans. That pretty much sums up my fall attire.





I hope you guys enjoy... Let me know if any of you try the V Rolls! :) Have a great weekend! I'm off to do some camping, mountain biking, swimming and boating this weekend and I CAN'T WAIT.

xo,
Meaghan @ Urban Farm Designs









oh goodness I LOVE the forties!! I was certainly born in the wrong era... I wish women still wore dress and hats and gloves like they did back then!
ReplyDeleteLovely post!!
i also love the forties!! and totally agree with rdr
ReplyDeleteI used Victory Rolls for almost every school dance, and had a very 40's hair style for my wedding;I really think it's just an era that cannot go out of style!
ReplyDeletei love the 40s! great post. haven't watched The edge of love tho! have a great weekend! xo
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! I'm glad you dig it. I'm on the lookout for cute 40's style driving gloves to wear when I ride my city bike. ;)
ReplyDeletexo,
Meaghan